Overflow under type Conversion of text to text

santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
hi all

we are into Nav 2009. we have not made any changes in company information table and address is filled up with almost 40 characters (aganist defualt 50) so the text is not long as per company info table. but when we try to make a payment voucher and when detecting TDS i guess this field is checking with pan no and company info and when we try to post it says

"Overflow under type Conversion of text to text" and its pointing to address field in company info. now we can minimize the address field but in future when we generate the TDS forms the address will be incomplete.

note :- we never changed any field descriptions or address

so does any one has a solution on this?

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    activate the debugger without break on triggers, see where does it stops (maybe it is an assignment), check how long is the variable/field of destination, extend it.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
    its try to getinto code unit of journal posting and it doesnt stop exactly where the problem is. so diffcult to findout on this option. we tried a lot
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    did you know that you can double click the name of the objects in the call stack of the debugger, in order to from where your function have bee called? It is really really useful!! (Thx ara3n -if i remember well- for the tip&trick about this)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog