Solution for applying captionML

sri.tech23sri.tech23 Member Posts: 41
Is there any tool or method to add a CaptionML to all fiels of all objects in a DB. This query is with regards to an Upgrade proj, where the client objects have two captions eg. CaptionML : ENU=Code;ENG=Code. And the std objects of the higher version have only ENU language. Is there a solution to add the ENG language to all the fields in the new db to be created.

Thanks in advance....

Hope there is a soln , or else there is lot of manual work involved....

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Maybe this functionality is included in Navision Localization Workbench 2.5.0. I don't have any experience with this tool. Anyone?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    Hi,

The Object Manager has also a translation tool.
    You can download it here:

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=826

Regards,
    Reijer
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager
  • sri.tech23sri.tech23 Member Posts: 41
    Hi,

The Object Manager has also a translation tool.
    You can download it here:

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=826

Regards,
    Reijer

Thanks ...downloaded the tool.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Or just export the Translation file, replace the -A1033- by -A2057- import it back and you are done... ;-) (do not forget that it will change modified flag and date and time of the modification of objects).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    kine wrote:
    Or just export the Translation file, replace the -A1033- by -A2057- import it back and you are done... ;-) (do not forget that it will change modified flag and date and time of the modification of objects).
    I have a similar problem: i'm using NLW to insert captionML in some customized objects on a 501 database (which migrated from 2.60 some time ago).
    The problem is that in nav2.60 the captionML property didn't exist, and NLW keeps giving me errors or it does not import the records if there is no caption ML.
    It's hard to explain...
    Basically i'm wondering if there's a tool to insert automatically captionML in a language, and setting it "=" name of the field... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) i hate NLW..
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I know about what you are talking. We have own tool for that. And the CaptionML exists in 2.60 (but I do not know from which specific version, if F or G or earlier one), but was not used by the standard objects.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • reijermolenaarreijermolenaar Member Posts: 256
    Hi Belias,

Did you already looked at the Object Manager?
    Ctrl + F3 in the translation tool does exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,
    Reijer
    Reijer Molenaar
    Object Manager