Excel File

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear Concern
I m having 1 Excel file in my computer and Navision 4.0SP3 Database. I want that when I put any record in Excel File then automaticaly this record should insert in Navision DB(Say in Item Table 27). Is it possible?If Yes, then How?
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    import from excel to NAV (solution in excel) or import from Nav the Excel into Nav (solution in NAV) :?:

for the first take a look to ODBC and VBA (there should also an example on the ToolsCD)
    for the second take a look into form 113 Button Function -> Import from Excel

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    Dear Garak
    My client doesnt wants to import the data from excel to Navision.He only wants that whenever user insert record in excel file then that record should automatically insert in Navision Table.
    Vikram Dabas
  • Stan09Stan09 Member Posts: 63
    Dear Garak,

Can we use form 113 to insert entries from excel file to the General Journal line table ?
    If Yes? How?

Thank you.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    My client doesnt wants to import the data from excel to Navision.He only wants that whenever user insert record in excel file then that record should automatically insert in Navision Table.
    Tell your client he has to upgrade to NAV 2009. See this blog how it can be achieved: Edit In Excel - Part 1 (out of 4)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Stan09 wrote:
    Dear Garak,

Can we use form 113 to insert entries from excel file to the General Journal line table ?
    If Yes? How?

Thank you.

Not with this function / report (81).
    But if you take a look into the source, you will understand how it works and you can develop your own report.

The excel table must then have a defined structure.

Also you can take a look to this:

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=811
    viewtopic.php?t=16834

Regards
    Dear garak
    I think u r not understanding my problem,I m saying that my client dont want to import excel file,the record should automatically inserted in to table, whenever I insert any record in excel....................... :-k
    Vikram Dabas
    Dear garak
    I think u r not understanding my problem,I m saying that my client dont want to import excel file,the record should automatically inserted in to table, whenever I insert any record in excel....................... :-k

The Link was for Stan09.
    I understand your wish. And i said, that when you want to import the rec automaticly into NAV from excel, you should take a look to ODBC and VBA. In excel you develop the connection and the insert / update / delete statements.

But why ever insert / delete / modify / rename the rec during the modification in the excel sheet.
    I would use a import or a "Final" button into the sheet which the user press if he is finish with his work in excel.

Also has Luc here posted a link if your customer use NAV2009.

Regards
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Tell your client he has to upgrade to NAV 2009. See this blog how it can be achieved: Edit In Excel - Part 1 (out of 4)

Hi Vikram,

i think you missed Luc's Post.
    Dear garak
    I didnt missed Luc's post, I saw it but I want to know that if I want to complete my clients requirement, then I have to do all these things which is given in Luc's link or Is there any batch(in-built) with the help of which I can full fill my clients requirement..............
    Vikram Dabas
    Keep on dreaming ...

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to say to your client: "No, it can't be done".
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    Keep on dreaming ...

Sometimes it doesn't hurt to say to your client: "No, it can't be done".

:thumbsup:
  • jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    :thumbsup:
    Dear Luc
    Please tell me that where I want this (Automatically Insert Data from excel file to Navision Database if I insert any Data in Excel) functionality in Nav 2009.
    Vikram Dabas
    You should ask your questions, related to the "Edit in Excel" article, to the author of the blog.
    Dear Luc
    Sorry, I dont understand what u r saying? Pardon please
    Vikram Dabas
    Dear Luc
    Sorry, I dont understand what u r saying? Pardon please

Luc mean, that you go to this site http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk/archive/2 ... -of-4.aspx and ask there the autor of the BLOG (Freddy).
    Dear Concern
    Please tell me where I want this (Automatically Insert Data which we have entered in Excel file to Navision Database) functionality in Nav 2009.
    Vikram Dabas
    You should ask freddy.dk, as he has written the blog article.