Changing Navision Language

ROKROK Member Posts: 9
Hi,

Am in Uganda running an english version of the OS. How can i change my english Version of Navision to French.
I would want all the menus of Navision to change to French.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    you have to have the French language granule in your license. Then you have to download the french language pack (i believe available here from mibuso) and install it. then you can change the language from within the client.

just a warning though, the language pack only include translations for stock fields and forms and in my experience, sometimes contained incorrect characters - for example, the danish language pack would use ¢ instead of ø. another problem area was when a card form was modified to include new tabs and the language pack contained no value for that tab - if you attempted to open the form in the other language, you got an error that the tab did not exist OR it dumped all the fields into whatever tab it could (i remember both results but cannot remember which conditions led to which result).
    kind of fell into this...
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    jversusj wrote:
    just a warning though, the language pack only include translations for stock fields and forms and in my experience, sometimes contained incorrect characters - for example, the danish language pack would use ¢ instead of ø.
    I suppose wrong letters are not result of any errors in Language pack.

According to my experience with polish language pack when I download and install polish language pack to W1 (or any other) version of NAV installed on workstation with polish version of OS all characters will be displayed correctly.

But If I install the same language pack to W1 NAV installed on US version of OS some characters will be displayed incorrectly. Changing regional settings to PL on US version of OS doesn't help at all.

All this was experienced on Windows XP.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    jversusj wrote:
    just a warning though, the language pack only include translations for stock fields and forms and in my experience, sometimes contained incorrect characters - for example, the danish language pack would use ¢ instead of ø.
    I suppose wrong letters are not result of any errors in Language pack.

According to my experience with polish language pack when I download and install polish language pack to W1 (or any other) version of NAV installed on workstation with polish version of OS all characters will be displayed correctly.

But If I install the same language pack to W1 NAV installed on US version of OS some characters will be displayed incorrectly. Changing regional settings to PL on US version of OS doesn't help at all.

All this was experienced on Windows XP.

Regards,
    Slawek
    yeah - i wondered if that was the case. changing code page and all that made no difference for me, either. if you are a global operation with a central DB, it is not so good. we had offices in DK and IT and all of them had to work in English because of how the languages "looked" on our server. the only thing that seemed to work okay was the Online Help files. Those appeared to be okay when the client language was switched.
    kind of fell into this...