NAS Event Log Error - 20010

NightwatchmanNightwatchman Member Posts: 2
Hi All,

I've been having a complete nightmare trying to resolve certain error message in the event view after configuring and starting the NAS server. Upon starting the service and refreshing the service status changes to STARTED, however in the even view I keep getting the error messages below. Please could someone help me? (thank you).

The NAV database is in SQL and the application appears to be running fine.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SERVERNAME
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20010
Date: 7/14/2009
Time: 8:06:06 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CRM-SRV-01
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( SERVERNAME ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: The program failed to publish Microsoft Dynamics NAV Database Server Service Connection Point in Active Directory.

In order for Microsoft Dynamics NAV Database Server to publish a Service Connection Point, the Active Directory Schema on the network domain.

MS NAV version 5.0
Windows Server 2003
Microsoft SQL 2008

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the above error means?

Thank you in advanced

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) It is not NAS what you installed. It is NAV Database server (NAS is NAV Application Server)
    2) It is normal behaviour. Just search the forum. You will see the answers...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • DakotaDakota Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

this error indicates that something in your code is wrong and Navision is trying to show you a message. You need change your code and, where you have messages, put if guiallowed then.

Best regards,

Dakota