Registering posted picking headers from external application

s3vs3v Member Posts: 2
Hi, we are using the basic warehousing module from Navision 4.0 SP1. In the process of automating the validation of warehouse pickings we are looking for a way of registering the picking headers automagically from an external application that offers us barcode processing.

If i must believe our reseller, then we have no other options then to purchase their full-blown WMS system including RF scanning wich costs more then the Navision implementation itself. I believe that a few elegant lines of .NET code could do this for us using one of the routes below:

- The undocumented COM interoperability. Would the COM interface allow us to call C/AL functions such as those that register the 'Posted Picking Header' (having the picking header number as an argument eg)
- Writing the equivalent SQL operations. We already modify the picking header lines by using SQL commands from an external application that updates these lines. I would take this route but i'm not a C/AL programmer so this looks quite daunting to me to try to reverse engineer it.
- An option that is obvious to all of you but that i missed :)

Could anyone of you with experience in this field offer me some advice? Thanks

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There is no COM you can use to call C/AL code

You forgot the WebServices way, using NAS (NAV application server). Where you can send some data in some way (TCP, MSMQ, etc.) and the NAS will do what you want in NAV.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.