Objects per Granule

SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
Is there an overview of the objects that come per granule?
Because sometimes we develop a solution, put some custom code in an object and when testing with the customer license the custom code is not available. Then we have to relocate the code and it's a waste of a couple of hours.
|Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
|To-Increase|

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Main problem what I see is, that you are adding code to standard objects. If you add some code to some standard code, it is because you need to use the object. If the custome has no granule for this object, it means he cannot use some functionality you are requiring for your functionality. If you are in situation that you have code on object A, but you can move it into object B when customer has no permssions to object A, for me it looks like bad design. Store the function into your own object and call it from there. Add the function to standard object only when it is related to the object.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Have a look at this download: Find (Dynamics NAV) Granule v1.7

This form lists the granules and their associated objects for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 3.60 , 3.70, 4.00, 5.00, 5.0 SP1 & NAV 2009.
    Now you can determine which Granules you need to buy in order to gain access to a certain Object or feature.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    Well Kine, the custom code was not in the incorrect place, the customer actually needed the extra granule.
    But because the granule it was too expensive for the customer we custom made the functionality he needed instead of implementing it in the granule.
    Thank you Luc to point me to the download. That the search posts and topics is standard off in the search made me miss it.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    But because the granule it was too expensive for the customer we custom made the functionality he needed instead of implementing it in the granule.

I hope that you didn't "copy" the functionality. But do not forget that it cost less, but will cost more during upgrade... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Sog wrote:
    That the search posts and topics is standard off in the search made me miss it.
    Have you participated in the poll already: Forum search defaults ?
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)