Change FontName

bluerockbluerock Member Posts: 32
I try to change a label font type to 'Times New Roman' in my report. So i just change 'FontNmae' = 'Times New Roman'. But it will not affect on the report. Why?

Its default FontName is <Helvetica> which indicates 'Arial' in the registry. I try to modify it, but the font type still cannot be changed in the report...

Can anyone tell me how to change the font type in the report? Thank You.

Comments

• KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    First I opened Word, selected the fonts, and copied a font name that had a distinctive appearance - Algerian.

Then I edited the report, the Fontname property of a label object, and pasted Algerian there.

When I preview the report, the font is Algerian, and appears different to the other labels.

Are you entering a valid Font Name? Try pasting from Word, so you know it is one that you have.
  • bluerockbluerock Member Posts: 32
    I did try your solution b4....no use...the label font won't change...

1) I open the property window of the label, and change the FontName=Algerian (or other font type).
    2) the font will not be change in the report.

So I try to change it from registry, but it doest not work also.... ](*,)

Please help....
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Change the font e.g. to Windings. Has the font in the section changed in the designer to some pictures?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    Are you certain that you are changing it to a font that you have on your computer, and that the font name is spelled correctly?
    I did go to Control Panel>Fonts to check the font type installed in my computer. I confirm "Times New Roman" font type that exists in my computer.

I would like to change the font to "Times New Roman" as my header font type. So I enter "Times New Roman" in the 'FontName' property of a label. But the label's font won't change.... ](*,)

Do I need to install anything? or do some setting? Please help...it is requested by my customer....
    No, there is nothing you need to install. Once again:

Change the font e.g. to Windings. Has the font in the section changed in the designer to some pictures?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    I already change to Windings, but the font never change in the designer.

But I can only change it if I enter a name Tms Rmn which I found in the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSustitutes).
    The font can be changed; However, that is also not the same in my customer report.

If I enter the FontName = Times New Roman, then my customer can see the exact font.
    But it can only display the font in Arial in my computer using the same report. Why?

My Nav version is 4.0 SP3.
    It seems that you have somehow screwed font mapping in your system... when you did last reinstall? :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Maybe this is a stupid question, but how EXACTLY does the fontname property look when you change it to, say, wingdings ?
    Because i can imagine you making the mistake of keeping the < and > around it, and then it wouldn't work.
  • ShedmanShedman Member Posts: 194
    You say the font doesn't change in the designer. But what if you run the report? Does it change on the layout?
    I type exactly the following word:
    1) Times New Roman
    (There are no < or > in the name.)

I try the following font types that can change the font:
    1) Wingdings
    2) Tms Rmn

In my company, there are three PC have the same situation. They can only view default font, they cannot view the font in Times New Roman. But my customer's PC can view the font in Times New Roman (same report). ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I would like to know Why my pc can only view it in default Arail font? How can I view the report's font in Times New Roman in my pc? What should I install in my pc?

Thanks!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We will all assume that the font's are installed on all machines involved.

We will also assume that once the font name has been changed - you have been saving compiling & completely exiting the report (or whatever it is) completely before going back in to run it.

We will also assume that the other PC's are also closing Nav & reopening it to get the new version you created.

Are all these true?
    I am not sure the font installed in my customer PC and testing PCs...(what should I install? or how to check it? I just wannt to show the font in Times New Roman)

But the other assumptions are TRUE.

Thank You! [-o<
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    bluerock wrote:
    or how to check it?
    Start->Control Panel->Fonts

You can see all the fonts installed on a particular machine.
    Double Click on the Font In question to get it's Typeface NAME
    Savatage, thank you for helping me :D

I did check that before, and I am sure it contains the following font type:
    Times New Roman (True Type)
    Times New Roman Bold (True Type)
    Times New Roman Bold Italic (True Type)
    Times New Roman Italic (True Type)

My PC installs Nav 4.0 SP3 & Nav 5.1, and I try this situation in both version. They have the same problem.