selected invoice lineitems to print

sathangaisathangai Member Posts: 25
Hi, Iam new to navision..n iam in need of printing the selected lineitems in existing sales invoice report. Is there any filtering option is available after selecting the sales order in request form...or i have to code...if any options available plz..tell me..

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    are you talking about a posted sales invoice or just a sales invoice?
    what you would you like to filter?

Usually the DataItemTableView are set on the dataitem for the Sales Invoice lines, it can be changed or removed which would then give you a tab on the report for the sales line which you can then filter as you wish

But, I would create a new report by copying the one you use and make changes on the copy & leaving the original alone.
  • sathangaisathangai Member Posts: 25
    Hi, thanks for ur reply..iam talking posted Sales invoice. i want to make an invoice for particular lineitems.

i've taken as u told but at the time of selecting the line item after setting the dataitemtableview and req.fltr.field(say description field) in sales invoice line(data item),

i was able to filter only one lineitem(based on the description field)in the report tab. is it possible to filter 2 or 3 lineitems out of say 6 line items.).
    Not sure what the purpose is of altering the Posted sales invoice report.

An invoice "should" show what was sold on it without selective filtering being involved.
    I can understand perhaps filtering out item's that didn't ship (for example).

Perhaps if you share what you want to accomplish with this another solution could be suggested.

Do you know how to set filters? I see you were able to accomplish filtering out 1 item and now you want more than 1.

Description: A*|B* this will show only item descriptions that start with A & B.
    Goto Help-> Nav Help->Click on Index Tab->Enter "Filter" You want to read up on "Entering Criteria in Filters"
    hi.Thanx..the scenario is..

in my sales order i have 5 lineitems.for the 1st line item,i'll ship n invoice today.for the 2nd line item i'll ship n invoice in next month.n the same 4 other lineitems with each 1 month freqn.
    now i shipped n invoiced 2 lineitems(say 3rd and 4th) combined ..how to filter/select 2 lineitems(3rd and 4th) to print?

in the report tab, description field(sal.inv.line data item)that i used to filter,i have the option to choose only one line item(say 3rd).

i don't know how to set filter n iam learning now......
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    if i understood it correct: U wish to print only these items, which are posted with the Invoice or Shipment from where you wish to print. With other words:

Shipment A has 5 Lines. Line 1 and 3 are with quantity and the lines 2,4,5 without a quantity and you want to print only line 1 and line 3.

correct?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    you can set a filter on Line No.
    *usually*
    line 1 is 10000
    line 2 is 20000
    line 3 is 30000
    etc.

to filter lines 1 & 3 your filter would look like

Line No. -> 10000|30000
    Thanks for Ur Replies i've got it.

Now iam learning filters...
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    sathangai wrote:
    Thanks for Ur Replies i've got it.

Now iam learning filters...

REad also please the Applications Designers Guide.

Search for it here in the forum or take a look into the downloadsection of mibuso
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!