Options

Separate Web Services section?

JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
edited 2009-07-17 in Feedback
NAV 2009 has both the classic client and the RTC. It's understandable that one could pool those threads into a common area, although subforums for such could have a case made for them.

I was wondering if there was merit to have a separate forum for NAV 2009 Web Services development, which would allow a proper stage to discuss anything related to developing on the Web Service Tier, be it web page design, application integration, etc. There are still only about 50 threads that are obviously related to that, so it'd be pretty easy to move them over (and I'll help if you want).

A thought I figured I'd inquire about, since I'm beginning the long path to understanding development on the WS tier myself.
JEREMY VYSKA
CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"

Answers

• Options
    JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Note to close this thread out.

Luc and kriki will not create a new Web Services section, but the NAV 2009 forum is for the *new* to NAV2009 tech, such as Web services & RTC:
    Use this forum to discuss topics related to RTC (Role Tailored Client), Reporting Services, Web Services. All new technologies used in NAV 2009 can be discussed here, but NOT the classic client, native DB-server, NAS. Those topics belongs to the general NAV/Navision forum.

So that should help =D>
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"