Options

Page Property - RefreshOnActivate

MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
edited 2009-12-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Experts,

As you all know NAV 2009 won't update the Flowfields on Pages until you refresh the screen (Manually).

I was very exicted to see the Page Property "RefreshOnActivate" in NAV 2009 SP1, but it's not working for me. Does anybody checked this property? Is not working because NAV2009 SP1 is a CTP?

Does anybody know whether Microsoft is going to fix this?

Thanks
MC

Comments

• Options
    TroelshTroelsh Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 79
    It does work - also on the CTP build

Please look at examples in e.g. Customer and Item card

Troels Bent Hansen
    Senior Program Manager
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV

****** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ******
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    Note that RefreshOnActivate does NOT trigger a refresh if you open a modal page and close it again, as you actually haven't left the first page.
    (I don't know whether this is the issue - just guessing)
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
    Hi Freddy,Troelsh:

Thanks for your reply and sorry to respond you late.

I am talking about the Flow Fields on Sales Documents / Purchase Documents. In Classic Version if you have a flowfield on Header (Ex: "Total Quantity" - To Display Total Quantity, "No. of Lines"-To Display Total No. of Lines), after adding the Sales Lines/Purchase Lines if you click on Header Form, system will update the flow fields but it's not happening in the RTC Version.

Please let me know if i am missing any thing here..

Thanks
    MC
  • Options
    sandhyaNavsandhyaNav Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

If you have not already found a solution for this issue, there is a work around solution for this. Hope this helps you:

Write this code in onValidate() Trigger on a field you want to change its value.

TESTFIELD("No.");// Where "No." is primary field or any field that always has a value
    CurrPage.UPDATE(TRUE);

I hope this helps you.

Thanks,
    SandhyaNav