Using ITIS Activigence with Sharepoint

SPost29SPost29 Member Posts: 148
Hi,
Has anyone had experience good or bad using Activigence and sharepoint as a web portal with Nav 5.01 SQL?
I was wondering about setup, configuration, actual use, user experience?
Thanks,
Steve

Comments

• MChilariMChilari Member Posts: 47
    Hi Steve,

I have implemented ITIS Activigence for one of our client in NAV 5.0SP1, and my experience was really good. They have very good support and the Add-on was easy to configure and the communication between NAV and Sharepoint was very fast. We just implemented as an Intranet Site, we didn't expose to outside world.

Thanks
    MC
  • SPost29SPost29 Member Posts: 148
    Thanks for your response
    Steve
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We were thinking about implementing with them, but our partner said their support and documentation was not very good.

I believe they developed the original employee / commerce portals for Navision and then went off on their own, but I could be mistaken about that.
  • Seah_wendySeah_wendy Member Posts: 3
    your partner is probably right. Their support is horrible!!
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    If you need to use NAV 5, then look at Employee Portal and Sharepoint. It works well, and you can extend it.
    You just have to learn its quirks. Plus you need to know a little Sharepoint.
    You cannot post in it, so adding a job queue and another NAS, you can write code to automatically post sales invoice and purchase invoices for example.

If you have the .net skills and can use 2009 SP1 or R2, then you can write your own forms and use the application tier instead, and get much more flexibility.