Options

Images in Online Help files & GATE tool

serdarulutasserdarulutas Member Posts: 50
Hello,

I am working with Robohelp X5 & GATE tool to create custom online help for Navision. I am able to create the addin_a.chm as slave of master.chm. So far, I have been successful at displaying this new help files within the MS Dynamics NAV Help. I have two questions though:

Question 1:
The NODG.pdf document says:

“The data that the user enters in Microsoft Dynamics NAV is stored in tables. The information in a single table is displayed in the program in various windows. The following diagram illustrates the relationship between the Customer table and the Customer Card and Customer List windows: If there is no Help for a window, the Help for the underlying table is displayed.”.

I have a custom form that is bound to Sales Header table. When I add a Help button to the form and press F1 or click the help button, it opens the custom help in addin_a.chm. When click on “No.” field and press F1 or Help button. It displays the default help from Navision about “No.” field. According to the description above, Navision is supposed to open the addin_a.chm contents. No? Can you tell me how to solve this issue?

Question 2:
I am able to add pictures (bmp, gif, jpeg) to projects in Robohelp X5. When I compile the project, I am able to view the image in the help file. I can also see that size of addin_a.chm file increases as the size of the image file. (30 kb help file becomes 800 kb when you add one single big image file). When I compile the help file with GATE, the resulting chm file is still a small file. When I run the help file from Navision, the image disappears as a broken link to the image file. I have checked base Navision help files and I have not seen any help page with an image on it. I think my question is clear :) : Can we create Navision help files with images in it? Has anyone succeeded in this?

Thank you,

Comments

• Options
    serdarulutasserdarulutas Member Posts: 50
    The question about the image is solved. The chm file that Robohelp created and the link file (hh) that Gate created can be put under ENU drive. Now the Online Help displays images as well..