accounting

anissataanissata Member Posts: 2
What is the difference between an accounting and a 'verified' accounting? I have been asked fo a verified accounting of something and i am not sure what that entails.

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Hi anissata,

This thread is somewhat an indication of the disastrous route that Navision is being steered towards. You may think that lying will help, but it never will. I am assuming you are acting in the partner role somewhere, but even if you are an end user its still the same. Why not just be honest? Are you concerned that you will lose your job? Do you think the customer will respect you less? Do you think that by asking the question people will think you are incompetent?

If you have any intention of working in the Navision industry as a true professional, then you must learn that the absolute first step to resolving ANY problem is to fully understand the need of the customer. If you are asked to do something and you have even the smallest doubt, then be honest and say say to the customer. "I AM SORRY I DON"T UNDERSTAND" or "CAN YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME". I guarantee you that contrary to your belief, the customer will actually respect you for your honesty.

When I work with a consultant or developer, and they agree with everything I say and never question anything, then I know that they are either the worlds most brilliant genius, or a liar. And unfortunately experience has shown me more of the later.

Don't hide behind an anonymous forum, go back to the customer and say "I have some queries about your requirements, I could make some assumptions, but as we all know to assume means to make an ASS out me U and ME so please can you clarify these issues so that I don't mess up your system. More importantly, logically you know your client better than anyone on mibuso, so if you don't know what the customer wants, how can you expect us to know.

Make your self respected as a professional and say "I DON'T KNOW".
    David Singleton
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!