Opening Bal

NatashaNatasha Member Posts: 2
edited 2009-07-13 in Navision Financials
I have a great problem . I have a trial balance and also sub ledgers bank and customers to be imported in navision. the volume of the transaction is large .I have searched the forum but i couldn't find my specific answer.I really dont know what steps need to be followed I have details in Excel i have converted them in csv file but i dont what needs to be done while importing it from dataport and how the journal entries can be reviewed .I am having a hard time.It will be a great help If anyone can give me a link and steps how things can be done .

Thanking you

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Have u done the import ? what ur issue is exactly ?
    If u have correct port with data just run it data will be on journal line. As far as review is concerned u don't do that atleast figure wise as ur client knows what figures they have given u and how they arrived at those.

My advice would be to ask your senior in your org or if you are an user ask your service provider to this for u.
    Kapil Khanna
  • mehmeh Member Posts: 50
    i have done import but when i do import it gives me an error msg that this is too long text.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So your dataport is not deisgned correctly, you need to trouble shoot it. Basically look for data where the data length exceeds the size of the field you are trying to put it into. The error message should have told you more than you posted, so you know where the error is.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen