Options

Problem with inventory valuation

myqromyqro Member Posts: 4
Hi All,

A item journal dataport was run on our database 3.7b to import items for a location. The dataport updated the item ledger entry (positive adjmt.) quantity but not invoiced quantity, therefore there was zero amount posted to G/L.

A reversal was run (Negative Adjmt.), through a dataport again, but this time the quantity and invoiced quantity we updated thus creating a negative amount to be posted to the G/L.

On the item card, it shows 0 for the items, but on the valuation report, it shows -ve quantity and -ve cost posted to G/L.

How do i correct this scenario?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Regards

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    myqro wrote:
    Hi All,

A item journal dataport was run on our database 3.7b to import items for a location. The dataport updated the item ledger entry (positive adjmt.) quantity but not invoiced quantity, therefore there was zero amount posted to G/L.

A reversal was run (Negative Adjmt.), through a dataport again, but this time the quantity and invoiced quantity we updated thus creating a negative amount to be posted to the G/L.

On the item card, it shows 0 for the items, but on the valuation report, it shows -ve quantity and -ve cost posted to G/L.

How do i correct this scenario?

Any suggestions are very welcome.

Regards

If you actually did what you have written here, then you are pretty much screwed. Also how did you do this? The Item Ledger Entry table is protected so you would have to have had a partner license to do this. :-k Obviously you are not a partner, because no person trained in Navision would have done this.

I think your only option is to contact your partner ASAP and get someone qualified to see if they can recover this.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Hi,
    I actually did not post the entries but a system admin who came accross the dataport which had been created earlier by our provider.
  • Options
    PS,
    The item ledger entry table was not updated directly but through the item journal.

The dataport was just to import the items from an excel worksheet which was wrongly formatted.

The same dataport had been used before and even after this process.

Regards
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    myqro,

how about instead of making people guess what you did. Why not sit down and work out really what was done. Once you know EXACTLY what was done, what the effect was and what further damage was done trying to fix it, maybe we can help with what to do next.I am assuming this was done direct on the live production system with out any testing in a playground environment, is that correct?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Question:

1. Testsystem :thumbsup: or Live system :thumbsdown:
    2. Import the Datas into a Item Journal and checked there before posting :thumbsup: or imports the data direkt into the "Entries" :thumbsdown: ](*,) (only Item Ledger Entries? No Value Entries? No GL Entries? No Tracking and so on ...)
    3. if 1b, 2b and it was your partner, this is not the "best" partner .....
    4. explain please exactly what you have done

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Could you also just clarify whether you have moved on past this - started consuming, selling, moving stock, booking in the right quantities in the correct manner etc?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen