Options

Company Delete Problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear Concern,

I have lot of Companies in one of my client's Database.I want to create 1 batch job to delete all companies at a same time.If we can do it by creating Batch job then how we can create Batch job.
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    what are you? Senior developer, beginner, consultant, end user :?:
    And what for skills do you have in C/AL programming, in Using NAV, etc .....

If we post here the script, it can be very dangerous, if there is a mistake into the posted source, u run this source in a batch and then all your companies deleted or your database is corrupted .....

So, about how many companies we talk here? four? seven? Twenty? 50 or more???
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I agree. Scripts like that are very dangerous. Unless your database is monstrous in size it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes per company...probably much less. Someone at the client site can take half a day to do that manually.
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    The only tip that we can give you (without any developing):

Take a look to the Native Database Backup Option and the Settings there and take a look to the native Database Restoring.
    Ask also your Navision Administrator what i mean with these words ;-)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Do you really want to "delete all companies at a same time" or delete all but one?
    Is there anything you want to save?
    Are you starting over?
    Just Removing the program? :-k