Options

Problem While Changing Any thing in Navision 4.0 SP3

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear Concern
Whenever I m changing anything in Navision 4.0 SP3 DB,alway's it gives me error "Another user has changed the defination of the field table after the activity was started.
Start Again."
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• Options
    jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    Dear vikram7_dabas,
    This is happened because another person editing the same batch content.. For more detailed information pls tell me which page this happened..
  • Options
    Dear Concern
    No other persong doing any customization only I m doing customization,then error comes whenever I m doing any change in any object (means coding).
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    jubeljoyjubeljoy Member Posts: 154
    The same files are accessing by two diffrent or same user at a time.. thats y.. so pls close all the windows and try to relogin...
  • Options
    Dear concern
    Is there any solution in which I dont have to relogin again and this error will never come I m sinbgle use no another person is there.
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    stop opening multiple windows of the same object
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Dear concern
    There r no multiple windows open of a single object, there is always single window of 1 object then also it gives me same error.
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    There has been an on again off again bug in Navision that can cause this. But I thought it was pretty much fixed after 3.70A. I know the error was in ver. 2.50, 3.60A and 3.70A and one of the early versions of 4.00 (sp1 I think). Never heard of it in 4.00SP3, but its always possible.

Check what build number you have (Build No. then check on Waldo's blog to see if you have a good version. If not upgrade to a better build. It might fix it.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    I have seen this error on a SQL2005 SP2 server

The cum. Update 1 for SQL Server solved this prob.

Here the KB No. for this issue to find it on http://support.microsoft.com/

KB 930775
    FIX: Error message when you try to retrieve rows from a cursor that uses the OPTION (RECOMPILE) query hint in SQL Server 2005: "Could not complete cursor operation because the table schema changed after the cursor was declared"

When using the $ndo$dbconfig-table to add OPTION(RECOMPILE) to NAV queries (documented elsewhere), NAV would throw this error when browsing forms:

"Another user has changed the definition of the [xyz] table after the activity was started.

Start again."

This SQL correction corrected that problem. This correction is also included in cumulative update 1.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!