Treatment of VAT & Service Tax

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear All,

I have a query regarding Treatment of VAT & Service Tax during raising of Service Invoice as well as when part payment is recived against such an invoice.
As per business practice, client use to raise invoice in two parts (combining into a single invoice). First part - 67% of total bill involving charging of VAT(where materials are consumed to execute the serv ice job) Second part - 33% of total bill involving Service Tax (where resources are involved to execute the service job).

For e.g. Total Bill value :Value of service= 10000k : First part- 6700/- + VAT(4%) +Second part - 3300/- + Service Tax (10.3%) i.e.- Bill value (inclusive of tax elements)=10608/-

How the above can be mapped in Service Invoice menu?
Now when a payment of Rs.6000/-(say as part payment) is received against the above service invoice, then how the system will apply the part payment towards Service Part? How much amount will be left in Service Tax (Interim) payable account after applying the part payment?

Special Note: We have already customised the Service Tax part in Structure field in invoice header.
Now or Never

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I don't how it will work in service module as I have not tested/implemented the same. In case you customized service tax calculation on Item then I will use abatement % in Service Tax setup and using standard deduction in Sales Tax setup else you need to create 2 lines for booking the invoice, one having the tax group code and second having service tax group code (G/L Account only).
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    ssingla wrote:
    I don't how it will work in service module as I have not tested/implemented the same. In case you customized service tax calculation on Item then I will use abatement % in Service Tax setup and using standard deduction in Sales Tax setup else you need to create 2 lines for booking the invoice, one having the tax group code and second having service tax group code (G/L Account only).

Thanks for your reply. It's helpful.
    Now or Never
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!