The Sales Header does not exist ....Error

nrinishnrinish Member Posts: 8
hi all,

Pleas help me ... i have an urgent issue...i am working on Nav 2009 with Nav native DB. i created a new company and i was setting it up like the the demo data.. i have set up the "no series" just like the one in demo data .when i tried to create the sales quote i am getting the error

The Sales Header does not exist.

Identification fields and values:

Document Type='Quote',No.='1006'

Document Type: Quote, No.: 1006

Comments

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,305
    You'll have to debug the issue and see where the error pops up. Somewhere along the way the system tries to read that particular quote, so you need to figure out why it is doing it, and how it decided to use that particular number.
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Check if there are any filters applied on the form.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • omardomard Member Posts: 20
    hi

something similar happened to us also.. our scenario was a database with say 2 companies set on Nav 6 SQL.. we found out that if in company A we created a sales order, then when we accessed Company B which had no sales order and tried to access the sales order screen we were being prompted with a similar error.. what we did was we created a sales order in both company A and B which could not be deleted (a little customisation) and eliminated the error...

maybe this helps

Omar
    let's navigate!
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• spijkiespijkie Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

this answer might be a little late but maybe someone still has some use for it. I had the same problem. A database with four bussiness, two of them had no problems but the the other two who are used a lot less couldn't open the Sales Order form. It gave a message The Sales Header doesn't exist Type Order, Number ' '. Tried to delete the zup file but that gave no solution. After investigating it a bit more it turned out to be my own fault. I made a small adjustment to the Order Subform form to automaticaly take the Job No. from the header to a new Line. To do this I made GET on SalesHeader in the NewRecord Function. At the often used bussiness this worked perfect. But they always have a lot of Sales Order around. The less used bussiness didn't have open Sales Orders and that's where it went wrong. Nav tried to do a get on a non existent SalesHeader record (a record without No.)

The fault I made was that I didn't captured the result of the GET to a boolean.
    So for me the solution was to change SalesHeader.GET to SalesHeaderRetrieved := SalesHeader.GET, where SalesHeaderRetrieved is a simple boolean variable.

Gr.

Erik
  • ashishkanishashishkanish Member Posts: 76
    I dont know the exact solution . but for temprary solution go to sales header table fill up the document type ::quote And Document no. which is shown in the error. you will be able to access the form.

Ashish