REVERSE INDIRECT COSTS ON PURCHASE INVOICE

BeatriceBeatrice Member Posts: 346
Hi Everyone,

While posting purchase invoices for stock items in NAV 4.0 SP1, a user has mistakenly posted Indirect costs for the stock items.

Since these stock items have already been sold, it is not possible to enter a credit memo for same.

Please advise how these indirect costs can be reversed.

In addition, in what cases can the system fill in the Indirect Cost % field on the purchase invoice other than when the Overhead Rate or Indirect Cost % is specified on the Item Card?

Thanking You in Advance.

Regards,

Bea.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Well you cannot really enter a credit memo for the indirect cost can you? Who would get the credit - you?

Look at where the indirect costs post, verify these accounts, post a revaluation journal on the item, look at the affect, then make the appropriate journal entries to reflect the true situation in the accounts.

Indirect cost % only come from the item card - it may say 0 now but it did not at one time, and when it is entered onto the purchase line the % is written at that time, so changing it to 0 on the item card does not affect any open order.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    AdamRoue wrote:
    post a revaluation journal on the item

Revalution journal does not work for Entry type = Purchase.

It works olnly for Postitive adjustment.
    reema
    Really? :-k Are you serious :shock:

In the UK this has worked fine on purchase revaluations since version dot, I have not tried this in 2009, but up until that version I can guarantee you you can revalue a purchase entry.

If you cannot do this how do you revalue a purchase entry on your system?

Is this a localisation restriction, or is mine a localisation opening?

If you go to the revaluation journal, enter a purchased item number and go to the applies to entry you are saying that only "positive" type entries are showing and not "purchase".

Can anyone else confirm/deny/try this please :D
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    reema wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:
    post a revaluation journal on the item

Revalution journal does not work for Entry type = Purchase.

It works olnly for Postitive adjustment.

Standard NAV revaluation journal works on purchases.
    Thanks Alex - I was a bit concerned that this was special to the UK and the rest of the world could not really revalue purchases - well to be honest not that worried really!! :D
  • reemareema Member Posts: 255
    Thanks Experts,

In Indian Localization it does not work to Revalue the items with the Entry type = Purchase, Transfer, Out Put.

It works only for Positive.

You are really lucky to have that options.
    reema
    Hi Reema

So this is either a legal restriction, or there is another method/purpose for purchase revaluation I suppose.

Little point in the revaluation journal if it is only for positive entries, so the controls on the purchase invoice processing must be very tight indeed.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'Navision Financials' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!