Options

Payment Journal Cheque Number

HaribabuHaribabu Member Posts: 33
Hello,
In G/L setup, I have activated Activate Check No. field. In Bank Accounts > Posting Tab, I have entered Last Check No.

I created a payment journal and selected bank payment type as Manual Check. When I try to post the trasaction, I am getting an error message: You must specify Cheque No. in Gen. journal Line journal Template.

Am I missing any setup or details? I expect the system to generate a Check No. based on the Last Check No. defined in bank account card. Please help.

Regards,
Hari

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Haribabu wrote:
    Hello,
    In G/L setup, I have activated Activate Check No. field. In Bank Accounts > Posting Tab, I have entered Last Check No.

I created a payment journal and selected bank payment type as Manual Check. When I try to post the trasaction, I am getting an error message: You must specify Cheque No. in Gen. journal Line journal Template.

Am I missing any setup or details? I expect the system to generate a Check No. based on the Last Check No. defined in bank account card. Please help.

Regards,
    Hari

Hi
    which version you are using?

i didnt find Activate Check No in G/L Setup.
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Also, when I select manual check, it's always been clear to me that I have to provide the "check" reference # that I wanted...hence manual. :mrgreen:

You could always just print the check to a pdf printer and delete it if you need auto incrementing :-k
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Yep as Harry says, Manual check, you provide the check number. With computer checks it will generate it from the number series. So what are you trying to achieve by setting manual and wanting the system to pick the number - is this just a misunderstanding?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    HaribabuHaribabu Member Posts: 33
    Thanks for your reply!

I just wanted the system to pick the number series from Bank account card for manual checks also. Wont that be possible?

-Hari
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    As usual Activate Check number is Indian Localization.

In case you need to activate automatic number series for checks you need to use computer check. You may or may not print but needs to be processed thru.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in