Options

Fixed Asset Disposal

shri_mishri_mi Member Posts: 31
Hello,
There are two questions for which I am in need of clarification:

1) While disposing fixed asset, how to calculate depreciation for the remaining days till disposal date? For instance, I am disposing an asset on 07-july-2009. Is there any option available to calculate depreciation automatically with the disposal entry for 7 days in July (1-Jul-09 to 7-Jul-09)?

2) While posting disposal entry for Income Tax Depreciation Book, I am getting the following error message: "Cancel all the depreciation entries for the asset for the fiscal year before disposal.". Even though I have cancelled all the depreciation entried, I am still getting the same message.

Rgds,
Sriram
With Warm Regards,
Sriram

Comments

• Options
    hs_mannhs_mann Member Posts: 17
    Hi
    1) While disposing fixed asset, how to calculate depreciation for the remaining days till disposal date? For instance, I am disposing an asset on 07-july-2009. Is there any option available to calculate depreciation automatically with the disposal entry for 7 days in July (1-Jul-09 to 7-Jul-09)?

You need to tick field "Depr. Until FA Posting Date", which will calculate the depreciation automatically for the disposal entry.

Regards

Harjot
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    shri_mi wrote:
    Hello,
    2) While posting disposal entry for Income Tax Depreciation Book, I am getting the following error message: "Cancel all the depreciation entries for the asset for the fiscal year before disposal.". Even though I have cancelled all the depreciation entried, I am still getting the same message.

Rgds,
    Sriram
    You should not post depreciation for Income tax Depr. Book.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in