Impact on Value Ledger Entry

kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
I am using Jobs 5.0 SP1.

I have two purchase orders having same item on two lines with 2 qty each, with different costs.

Automatic cost is true, Expected Cost Posting is true.

Automatic Cost Adjustment is Day, Average Cost Period is Day and Average Cost Calc. is Item.

Now if i rec first PO with 2 qty and invoice @1.10 and then rec and invoice second PO @1.20. In which case the value entries for two different entries can tie to same Item Ledger Entry ??
I know they shudn't but they have done. So i am kinda surprised has anyone ever encountered this.
Kapil Khanna

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    In case when you Item stock was not empty before first purchase ?

Or more precisely - in case when you had exactly one item before first purchase (in your example of course)

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Thanx for reply.

Even if i had no item in my inventory(to start with) , even then system would have updated qty +ve and posted a -ve adjustment of same qty as it is posted to a Job.

I don't see this as a reason to have system tie two diff VLE with same ILE.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Another guess:

Maybe because it is on the same PO ? As I understood you have one PO with two lines, then you're post & invoice PO setting Qty To Receive in second line to 0 (effecitvely posting first line), and then you post & invoice the same PO having Qty To Receive 0 in the first line...

Just of the top of my head...
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    No , i have two different POs with same Item Numbers but different qtys on each line of each PO. It created 3 lines for PO I in value entry and 1 line for PO II (only negative adjustment).

These three lines for POI in ILE had an entry type 1. purchase then 2. negative adjustment and then 3. another purchase :shock:

Posted Purchase invoice numbers in Value Ledger.. are different (1 and 2 has same) but 3rd one has different which is correct, but ILE number for all 3 lines is same.

I thought to ask here if somebody has encountered same issue ever, as this has not been customized.
    Kapil Khanna
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!