Options

Web service Inspecting Filters

Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
edited 2010-08-25 in NAV Three Tier
I have a VB.NET page which sets some filters and calls an exposed Page in Navision. How can I within the Navision Page inspect the filters that have been passed in? I've tried GETFILTERS in the OnInit and OnOpenPage but the value is being returned as blank.

Any ideas? [-o<

Steve
Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong

Comments

• Options
    Toddy_BoyToddy_Boy Member Posts: 231
    Further investigation shows that the HASFILTER is false on page open, however it is true on AfterGetRecord, which is a little late in the process as I want to, limit the records returned after processing I was hoping to perform based on the filter.
    ](*,)
    Life is for enjoying ... if you find yourself frowning you're doing something wrong
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) There are FILTERGROUPs, may be that HASFILTER return only if there is filter in actual filtergroup
    2) You can limit number of returned records on the caller side, because when you are calling the webservice you are passing one parameter which is max count of returned records... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    and adding to this - you cannot change the filters on the page in AL code - only from the caller.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    RnRRnR Member Posts: 21
    Did you find any solution for this? I'm having the same problem..