Conditionally Hide Report Header

kirtangorkirtangor Member Posts: 65
Hello All,

I am using NAV 2009, and I am customizing the report "329 - Vendor - Trial Balance" for the classic client.

The requirement is such that I have to hide the groups which have the totals as 0. The totals are being calculated in the groupfooter, so I am able to hide the groupfooter based on this condition, but I also have to hide the header (Vendor, GroupHeader(6) to be exact) when the total is 0. How should I achieve it?
Thanks,
Kirtan.

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Hi,

It is not possible without some programming. In general NAV client process and prints the header, then process and prints lines, line by line, and then process and prints the footer, so once header is printed/shown there is no way to hide it in footer.

Header will be hidden automatically only if you set PrintOnlyIfDetail to TRUE, and only if there will be no lines printed, but if you print any single line the header will be printed as well.

Workaround is to calculate summary in group header (using some function that you need to write, called in OnPreSection trigger in GroupHeader section), and then hide the group header and lines until you encounter next group header.

Regards,
    Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • kirtangorkirtangor Member Posts: 65
    Thanks Slawek. That's what I too had in mind. But, I thought there might be another way, so I posted this question here. But, anyways, I'll go ahead with implementing this using the programmatic approach.
    Thanks,
    Kirtan.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!