Options

Item Reclassification

MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
In many ERP system for example JDE there is a functionality of Item reclassfication which means that if we want to change the code of an item number to a new code so the system allows to update even all the previous ledger entries with the new item code.

Is there any such funationality in Navision. I find item reclassification form in warehouse inventory folder but it does the functionality of item movment only from one bin to an other bin or from one location to an other location.

Can I do change the item code number which could also update the previous ledger entries with new item code?

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    you change only the item No on the item card (it's a rename) and all other Tables, where a Realtion to the Item is set, will also be updated.
    Like the Item Ledger Entries, the Value Entries, the Sales Lines, the Purchase Lines, the Item Uinit of Measure, the Item Sales Prices and so on......

but doen't forgett. if the item has a many recs in other tables, it can take some times .... (like 1 Minute ..)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    garak wrote:
    but doen't forgett. if the item has a many recs in other tables, it can take some times .... (like 1 Minute ..)

or maybe 20 hours on a big database on Native server :mrgreen:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    garak wrote:

or maybe 20 hours on a big database on Native server :mrgreen:

oh yes thats true an example -> .... some years ago i migrate a big native database from 2.6 to 4.0 (native).
    The customor means, that his server is powerful enough ...ok, lets test .... (i doesn't know the server, because the customer has changed his NSC and was now our customer because his old NSC can't exesfully migrate the database and theres was also some other problems between the NSC and the customer like stupid development....)
    The server wasn't ..... after 2 Days (weekend) the migration wasn't finished and i stoped all batches ... so, we bought a new server, i create more then one (one file :!: was the original setting of the 2.6 database) databasefile on different discs and what was ... the migration was finsihed after some hours ....
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Thanks to all of your replies.
    When I try to rename the item as per your suggestions I am getting error as attached with this post.

Also Is there any form or batch to do this renaming activity or should I go one by one to each item to rename it?

Regards,