Options

Multiple Pay-tos on one PO

eagle_eyeeagle_eye Member Posts: 130
I place a PO with a vendor who in turn - shops around to different places for my items. The PO may end up having 2 or more companies fulfilling (and getting paid for) the goods I receive.

It appears I cannot have more than one Pay-to per PO (meaning - one i pick one and receive stuff in, I cannot change the Pay-to to anone else).

Does anyone have experience with this situation or have any suggestions of how it can be handled out of the box (hopefully without too many crazy steps)?

Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    You can create one PO with the one pay-to vendor.

Once you receive the invoice. You create an Invoice for each pay-to Vendor. Click on Function Get-Receipt. Remove the filter and filter on Vendor in PO and select the receipt lines and post it.

This worked in 3.x version. I believe in 4 or 5, they added code to error if it's a different vendor, but you can comment out the code and it should fine.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    ara3n wrote:

Once you receive the invoice. You create an Invoice for each pay-to Vendor. Click on Function Get-Receipt. Remove the filter and filter on Vendor in PO and select the receipt lines and post it.

This worked in 3.x version. I believe in 4 or 5, they added code to error if it's a different vendor, but you can comment out the code and it should fine.
    Or you can just change the pay-to vendor on the invoice after getting the receipt lines.
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    MBerger wrote:
    ara3n wrote:

Or you can just change the pay-to vendor on the invoice after getting the receipt lines.

You cannot do that
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Why not use quotes, and convert them to orders for the items you actually receive, in which case you will need to create one PO per Vendor.