Close Income Statement

BerndWBerndW Member Posts: 5
edited 2009-07-04 in Navision Financials
When Close Income Statement (General Ledger >> Periodic Activities >> Fiscal Year >> Close Income Statement)
I get the following message:
This Shortcut Dimension is not defined in het General Ledger Setup.

In this division there is no shortcut dimension. Only a Global Dimension 1

Someone any idea??

Comments

• David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    You say you are only using 'Global Dimension 1' in this Company, so this error should be easy to track down.

In the 'General Ledger Setup' check that you have the same value in 'Global Dimension 1' and 'Shortcut Dimension 1', these should be both the same value, the system should have filled the 'Shortcut Dimension 1' when you set 'Global Dimension 1', unless they have been imported via a dataport.

Some system generated error messages are not always clear as to a specific problem, so if the 'General Ledger Setup' Dimensions are correct, it would then looks like you have a invalid 'Ledger Entry Dimension', where the 'Dimension Code' or 'Dimension Value Code' does not exist.

Run table 355 and sort by 'Dimension Code','Dimension Value Code'
    Then apply a Table Filter 'Dimension Code', '<> Global Dimension 1'

That should bring up any entries that have a 'Dimension Code' <> 'Global Dimension 1'

Regards

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris
  • BerndWBerndW Member Posts: 5
    'Global Dimension 1' and 'Shortcut Dimension 1' has the same value in General Ledger Setup.

I've checked table 335 and applied the filter you mentioned. I found a lot of empty dimensioncodes. Can that be the reason of the problem?

Table ID Entry code Dimension code
    17 251 BEDRIJF
    17 251 <empty>
  • David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    BerndW wrote:
    'Global Dimension 1' and 'Shortcut Dimension 1' has the same value in General Ledger Setup.

I've checked table 335 and applied the filter you mentioned. I found a lot of empty dimensioncodes. Can that be the reason of the problem?

Table ID Entry code Dimension code
    17 251 BEDRIJF
    17 251 <empty>
    As you say this Company is only using a single dimension, 'Global Dimension 1', any blank and invalid entries or unknown dimensions are likely to be the problem.

Does 'Global Dimension 1' = '251'?

If not where did the invalid 'Ledger Dimensions' come from, is it a legacy take-on data problem or an on going transactional problem, will you have the same problem next year, has anyone played about with posted data as a support issue?

It is hard to advise without a clear picture of how the invalid entries got in the system, there are many factors to consider before making any posted data changes, Analysis Views ,Other ledgers (Item, Customer, Vendor), dimension values, posted document dimensions and default dimensions, etc:, so it is not just a matter of deleting or updating data.

I would say first step is to investigate the source of the G/L Entries that have invalid dimensions, are these from imported opening entries, Journal entries, or posted documents, are you using any other reporting cubes or analysis views etc: that would be affected, have management reports been issued by Dimension etc:

The standard system will not allow a blank value, and you cannot delete a dimension value if it has been used, so these entries must have been created by a modification or import function, please do not delete any entries or change anything until you understand the impact.

It may be wise to backup and restore the database as a local copy to test different solutions.

Regards

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris