Cashier Receipt Journal Error

NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
Hi,

I am trying to post a transaction in the Cashier Receipt Journal, but in the middle of processing it prompts me this error.

"In order for the program to calculate VAT, the entries must be separated by another document number or by an empty line."

My transaction is like :
1st line = debit GL account
2nd line = credit Customer
3rd line = credit Customer
4th line = credit GL Account
5nd line = credit Customer and applied to an invoice
6nd line = credit Customer and applied to an invoice

all are in entry type = payment with same document numbers.

Do the error means that I cannot post a transaction with multiple customers in it?
Navision noob....

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Yes you can't
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Jeffrey_FletcherJeffrey_Fletcher Member Posts: 10
    Hi,

Not sure why you would have VAT on a cash receipt journal but thats beside the point. You cannot have lines with VAT for more than one customer / vendor for a single document. This makes sense as VAT is a tax transaction normally associated with a valid tax invoice from a third party or issued to a third party. If you could have two customers for a single document with VAT on the GL line what customer is the VAT applicable to? This would not make sense and VAT audit trial would be inaccurate if you ever get a tax audit.

If you really wish to do you will have to split GL entry with VAT into two lines for each customer. Alternatively if you cant do this for some reason you would have to use a GL clearing account to create double entry and then reverse jnl out of this account to relevant customers.

And yes I an an accountant.
  • annatjieannatjie Member Posts: 4
    I'm working on navision 2009 with GL double entries "clearing account" using the "receivables" "payables" on the cash receipt journal. but is not sure how to go about it, can you please advise me exactley how do I post a payment received from our bank statement!first to the clearing account and then from the clearing account to the customer!from step one please.
    I will give you full details how I post the debtors receipts and the clearing account
    Step 1:
    Posting payments received direct from the bank statement:
    CASH RECEIPT JOURNAL: BATCH NAME: FSRECEIPTS:
    1 ST LINE: DATE DOC TYPE : = PAYMENT: DOC NO: TRF001 : ACCOUNT TYPE:= BANK ACC: ACCOUNT NO= 5240 : DESCRIPTION CUSTOMER NAME: AMOUNT - 20000.00 : BAL. ACCOUNT TYPE = G/L ACCOUNT: BAL ACCOUNT NO = B002032 "which is our clearing acc no"

How do I post the CLEARING ACCOUNT?
  • annatjieannatjie Member Posts: 4
    annatjie wrote:
    I'm working on navision 2009 R2 with GL double entries "clearing account" using the "receivables" "payables" on the cash receipt journal. but is not sure how to go about it, can you please advise me exactley how do I post a payment received from our bank statement!first to the clearing account and then from the clearing account to the customer!from step one please.
    I will give you full details how I post the debtors receipts and the clearing account
    Step 1:
    1 ST LINE: DATE DOC TYPE : = PAYMENT: DOC NO: TRF001 : ACCOUNT TYPE:= BANK ACC: ACCOUNT NO= 5240 : DESCRIPTION CUSTOMER NAME: AMOUNT - 20000.00 : BAL. ACCOUNT TYPE = G/L ACCOUNT: BAL ACCOUNT NO = B002032 "which is our clearing acc no"

• AndwianAndwian Member Posts: 627
    annatjie wrote:
    annatjie wrote:
    I'm working on navision 2009 R2 with GL double entries "clearing account" using the "receivables" "payables" on the cash receipt journal. but is not sure how to go about it, can you please advise me exactley how do I post a payment received from our bank statement!first to the clearing account and then from the clearing account to the customer!from step one please.
    Step 1:

Rather try to post a new topic and make your question tidier and clearer please.
    Regards,
    Andwian