Problem Backing Up/Renaming/Restoring Company After Tech UPG

Jonathan2708Jonathan2708 Member Posts: 552
Hi,

I recently carried out a technical upgrade of a version 4.0SP2 SQL database to use the NAV 2009 Classic SQL Client and everything went well - the client uses the 4.0SP2 objects fine. However I now want to create a new company based on a copy of an existing company - something I've done many times before on the same database. I do the following :

1. Backup the existing company
2. Rename the company to the new required company name
3. Restore the original company backup.

Steps 1 and 2 are fine, but when I come to restore the backup, it gets so far then errors with a SQL Driver (not NAV) error when trying to add an index to the 'User Setup' table saying that either 'Company Name$User Setup' table does not exist or I do not have permissions. My user has full SQL server permissions and is dbo. I then often find that the User Setup table has actually been created.

I then tried to just create a new blank company using File->Company->New but this got so far then errored with a NAV error saying I didn't have permission to 'EP Web Part Request'. The license is Advanced Management and has been upgraded to 2009 to use the new client.

I'm assuming the technical upgrade perhaps didn't go as well as I thought, though there were no errors. Or is there some other steps I have missed (e.g. objects to import).

Any help appreciated,

Jonathan

Comments

• frytachfrytach Member Posts: 8
    You should disable this piece of code in codeunit 2.

e.g.

{no permission
    WITH EPSetup DO
    IF NOT FIND('-') THEN BEGIN
    INIT;
    INSERT(TRUE);
    END;
    }

That should work.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!