Options

Maintaining multiple entities as a single Navision Company

hubgilberthubgilbert Member Posts: 36
We have a client who is considering consolidating four distinct companies into a single Navision company. This is to allow the select users to gain visibility into a customer's buying habits, an inventory's sales history, or to allow for better purchasing power for a vendor who services all companies. The company will basically have a single AP department, but sales people will only have visibility into the customers and items maintained by that particular entity. Has anybody done this before? Care to share your experience, or your best guess on the outcome?

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    here's a discussion:

http://www.mbsonline.org/forum/topic.as ... on,company

also, according to some posts I have read Nav 4.0 will also ease the problem of inter-company posting
  • Options
    philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    Other solution :
    1/ Setup the responsability centers (G/L Menu, Setup)
    2/ Setup the Customers, Vendors and to link them to a Responsability center.
    3/ Setup the users to link them to a responsability center (G/L Menu, Setup, User Setup)

A user user will be able to see only the Customers, Vendors, documents into his Responsability center. If a user do not have any Responsability Center he will bee see any of them...

hubgilbert wrote:
    We have a client who is considering consolidating four distinct companies into a single Navision company. This is to allow the select users to gain visibility into a customer's buying habits, an inventory's sales history, or to allow for better purchasing power for a vendor who services all companies. The company will basically have a single AP department, but sales people will only have visibility into the customers and items maintained by that particular entity. Has anybody done this before? Care to share your experience, or your best guess on the outcome?
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light