Options

Migration: 4 to 5

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear all,

I'm migrating the databse from 4.0 to 5.0. I have seen a field named USER ID ( Field ID 16343 ) in the table Sales Header ( Table ID 36 ). This field contains the data.

But there is no such field in the merge objects of 5.0. So when I importing the all merge objects(5.0) into the Custome database( Ref: Chapter 4, Task 6, Page 17 ), it throughs the following error message ......
You cannot delete or chage the type of the USER ID field(in the Sales Header Table) ....
.....................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................

How to solve this issue ?
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    The ID of the field suggests that this is from some localization or other customization. You have to add/merge those changes into a standard 5.0 DB first, and then use those objects to upgrade.
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    MBerger wrote:
    The ID of the field suggests that this is from some localization or other customization. You have to add/merge those changes into a standard 5.0 DB first, and then use those objects to upgrade.

Thanks for your instant reply.
    This field is made by Indian Localization, not by any other MS PARTNER.
    We can't carry this field ID with the Developer License.

We can do the only things is : remove the data from this field and put these into the converted db.

Plz correct me if I'm wrong ... [-o<
    Now or Never