Adding quantity in Fixed Asset

shri_mishri_mi Member Posts: 31
Hello,
Is there any option available for adding quantity for fixed assets? If so, please let me know how can it be done.

Rgds,
Sriram
With Warm Regards,
Sriram

Comments

• KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    No. You need to add another Fixed Asset.

To make it easier, you can copy from one FA record to another. From the FA card, on the Fixed Asset menu button, there is a Copy Fixed Asset option.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hi,

I am using NAV 5.0 .

As per your suggestion If I use copy fixed asset funtion does that mean that I need to register the book value for all copied fixed asset or it is just for assigning to different employees? For example I purchase 10 chairs of FA001 and now I want to distribute this FA001 to 10 different people should I use the copy Fixed Asset funtion? But in this case how the book value will appear and how the depreciation will be calculated? or should I use FA journal to assign book value with different deprciation book?

Regards,
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    10 chairs means 10 FA Master Cards
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hi Singla
    This means I need to create 10 FA item cards and then in PO I have to create 10 FA lines to order to supplier? More over in this case what is the use pf copy FA funtion ?
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    Mammo wrote:
    This means I need to create 10 FA item cards and then in PO I have to create 10 FA lines to order to supplier? More over in this case what is the use pf copy FA funtion ?

Create one Fixed assest master and Select that master at purchase line level and enter the Quantity = 10 and receive and Invoice.

Now you can use the reclassication journal In order to transfer, split up your assets,
  • UrzzaUrzza Member Posts: 14
    Hi,

What do you mean by Fixed Asset Master? Do you mean the Main Fixed Asset?