Options

Print a report with color

efassettaefassetta Member Posts: 53
Hello,

in a report i setted the Backcolor proprerty of a TextBox to red and the property BackTrasparent to No.

In design report i see the correct color, but when i try to print the report (in preview also) the color is lost.

There is a way to mantein the color? I setted the wrong property?

Thank's in advance.

EF

Comments

• Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

I'm afraid that colours do not work in NAV reports except for images and bitmaps for company logos. If you ask Microsoft why the facility is there in the report designer, they advise that it is an "overlap" with the form (Screen) designer and is only intended to be used there.

I know the community has been asking for colour in reports for a number of years, but currently this is not an option and it does not look like it will happen soon.

If you are running NAV2009 with the role tailored client, you can enhance reports to have colour in Visual Studio, make them available in the RTC, but otherwise it is not possible.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, color are not working on reports since first version. It is something what was not needed on first versions (color printers were very rare) and was not changed later. There is only one way how to have some colors in NAV classic report - bitmap.

And yes, NAV 2009 and the new RDLC allows you to use colors as you wish. But only for the reports for RTC.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I know the community has been asking for colour in reports for a number of years, but currently this is not an option and it does not look like it will happen soon.

This is quite funny, because when we first saw 2009, my first comment to the Product Group was that it looks like we finally got our wish to have color in reports, but they did it by taking the color out of forms and putting it into reports. I guess we can't have both. So if you want color in reports use RTC if you want color in forms use Classic. \:D/

By the way the same with Matrix boxes, they took those out of forms and put them into reports.
    David Singleton