Options

Database size

samblue600samblue600 Member Posts: 84
Hi Experts,

My client has 1200 Purchase orders, out of which they are using 400 only , I need to close the remaining 800 order but not delete for future reference.. so Is there a way of compressing the Purchase order as well as posted invoice , to reduce the database size.

Comments

• Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hi,

Unfortunately, there isn't. If you want to "archive" the order so it is no longer in the Purchase Header and Purchase Line tables, you could use the Archiving granule (Order screen: Functions -> Archive Order) and then delete the order itself.

Otherwise the only way to keep database size would be to make sure you keep the tables Optimised, but there isn't a way to reduce the space that the data itself occupies. I would look into why the client wants to keep the old documents and see if there is a better way.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    vijayandersonvijayanderson Member Posts: 207
    There is a Date compression option available but it deletes the entries and also it can be done only for closed fiscal year entries.

Cheers
    Vijay
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    And you have to be careful because of customizations. In reality I don't know 1 customer who uses it.
    BTW: in the latest versions, you don't even find the menuitems to do it anymore...
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    kriki wrote:
    And you have to be careful because of customizations. In reality I don't know 1 customer who uses it.
    BTW: in the latest versions, you don't even find the menuitems to do it anymore...

Hmm I know many clients that use this tool. I know them because they then call me to fix the disaster that was created by compression :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    Why is this even an issue? How much database space could 1200 open purchase orders be taking up? We have clients that produce and post that many sales orders in a single day.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Its true...1200 is not a big number.