Options

Warning during Upgradation in Test database

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear All,

During the upgradation from NAV 4 SP3 to NAV 5. We are facing Warning Message LIKE -

Warning: 'VAT Business Posting Group' does not exist. Code: NCR2 The VAT Bus. Posting Group field in the VAT Entry table has a table relationship to the Code field in the VAT Business Posting Group table. 'VAT Entry' has the following identification fields and values: Entry No.='22'

Warning: 'VAT Product Posting Group' does not exist. Code: NCR2 The VAT Prod. Posting Group field in the VAT Entry table has a table relationship to the Code field in the VAT Product Posting Group table. 'VAT Entry' has the following identification fields and values: Entry No.='22' .

This to inform you that we are still working in the database (version 4SP3) and we are working on the database in the following way- File-Database -Information- tables-Test.

My question is : Can we skip the above warning message and proceed with the upgradation process ?
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hi!

You need to either untick the option "Test field relationships between tables" on the 'Test Database' screen (This option just returns these sorts of minor error, like old deleted posting groups, users, salespeople etc) or, you could save the warning messages in a file by going to the options tab and using the File option there. You can then review the warnings in the file instead.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Hi!

You need to either untick the option "Test field relationships between tables" on the 'Test Database' screen (This option just returns these sorts of minor error, like old deleted posting groups, users, salespeople etc) or, you could save the warning messages in a file by going to the options tab and using the File option there. You can then review the warnings in the file instead.

Thanks for ur quick reply.
    I have already done this.But my question is

Can we skip the above warning message and proceed with the upgradation process ? Or will it create any problem in future if we skip the above warning/error?
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    This really should not cause a problem with the upgrade as these are just missing old codes and usually can be ignored, however without knowing all about the database (How developed it is etc) I cannot say with complete certainty.

If this is a completely standard database then if it should be fine to ignore these errors - If in doubt, put them back into the database for the purposes of the upgrade and delete them again afterwards.

Hope this is of help.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta