Options

How can I cancel / get rid off released orders

pa_toupa_tou Member Posts: 155
Hi,

I have several orders where consumptions have been posted already but no output were posted. So we need to cancel those orders and we dont know the right way to do that. There are thousands of work orders like that so my client does not want to go order by order to make all adjustments.
Does anyone has an idea on how we can modify the system to get rid off those orders??
Thanks

Answers

• Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    This is a very general question that requires an understanding of the client's needs and processes. Since you're their NSC, do your job and make the proper analysis to derive a proper solution.

The question you posed is too big to answer on this forum.
  • Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    There are couple of post in here on how to reverse the production orders.
    You need to post the output and reverse the it through item journal
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    I don't think the original poster wants to reverse them? The posted stated that they need to be cancelled.
  • Options
    Exact. We dont want to reverse and at this stage we cant. Let's be clear. Some output have been already put in stock using physical inventory instead of finishing the order. Consumption also have been done properly. SO all inventory is correct. The only point here is: there are some open released orders that need to be clear from the system. How to do that?? I am not able to find another way execept to fisnish the oredr with a "fake"qty then do a negative adjustments which will create too many adjustments in my ledgers so another solution????

Thanks
  • Options
    cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    You must also consider the WIP that has been posted when you consumed the items. You want to clear the WIP and the only way to do so is to post fake output and then do negative adjustment of that output. In some versions it was possible to finish a production order with no output but only consumption. That created a mess with WIP and it took a lot of time to correct this. My suggestion is to do it the hard way with fake output then you're safe if you do something else by customization you might be in trouble. So let the customer to this then they'll learn not to do this again :lol:
    Alex Chow wrote:
    I don't think the original poster wants to reverse them? The posted stated that they need to be cancelled.

Once you've started a production order and posted any entries, you have to go through the process and follow the steps mentioned above.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Some of the questions that pa_tou needs to understand from the client are:
    1. Why are there so many unfinished WO?
    2. What are the reasons for no output?
    3. What about WIP? Comfortable recognizing them as cost?
    4. Why is the WO created in the first place?

These are some of the questions I would ASK the client first before recommending they just finish the WO.
  • Options
    Hi Alex,
    All those questions have already been asked and responded by the client. There was an error made by the person who was in charge of the production. Now they have another person who understands well how the process should work.
    Right now , i know that the way to correct that is by doing some adjustments but i was just asking if someone has another way to correct that.
    thanks
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Nope there is no way to "correct" these. As you have stated a "fake" adjustment has already been made, so now you have to do the manual steps to cover up the shortcut that should never have been taken.

Alex makes some valuable points, and I believe you miss his point, you have the answer, it was a processing issue, but moving forward you need to report output, now you state teh inventory is now correct, but is the consumption? Does the cost involve routing issues? I ask as if you are anything but standard this is going to affect your costing and you will need to correct all of this, if not it goes to variance and accounts need to know how to handle this as you have clearly mis-stated COGs in the past depending upon your WIP account posting.

Sorry but put simply, book the items in on an output journal, finish the order, run teh adjust cost item entries, remove the stock, post a revaluation journal wherever you feel necessary. These are the consequences of the original users actions, you need to unpick it all to get on a firm footing to move forward - there is no quick fix in my opinion to this and you should tell your client this.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    OK guys!
    I understand all your points. So the only way is the way that you mentionned . That's fine.
    Thanks all for your ideas.