Options

Lanham EDI with Lanham E-ship: Send Tracking No. on 810?

jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
hello,
i didn't see anything on this in searching the board, but if this has been discussed previously, let me know and i'll go back to searching.

We are running NAV 3.7b with 5.0 clients. We have equally older versions of Lanham EDI and Lanham EShip.

Question:
We have several customers that are now requiring tracking no. be included in the EDI invoice (810). When we attempt to map to the EDI Posted Package table, we get nothing in the output (as if it does not find a record). Per a Lanham email, their code does not allow for this out of the box since the Posted Package relates to a source document, not an invoice (so you could not guarantee proper record being sent).

so, i'm asking what approaches others have taken in accomplishing this.

1 catch is that we have some customers that we cannot invoice until all product is shipped, so i do not think i can use the Package Tracking No. field on the sales header. I could theoretically ship today and get 1 tracking no. I could Next week and get another tracking no. I could then ship the week after (with a third tracking no.) and finally be able to post invoice. At this point i would have written and overwritten the Package Tracking No. on the Sales Header several times. If we could invoice after each shipment, i think this would have been an acceptable workaround since this field carries on to the invoice. i do need to check with our EDI coordinator for more info on this (what would the customer expect for tracking in this case, all 3?).

Not looking for your awesome code as much as other ideas for what to do. Thanks!
kind of fell into this...

Answers