Close Income Statement

dmc26dmc26 Member Posts: 6
I am trying to run our first close fiscal year. We would like to close by dimension but that is not an option on our Options tab. The only options showing are Distributed Close, Close by Business Unit Code, and Inventory Period Closed. I have tried to at least run Close by business unit, but after it runs I cannot find the journal entry. Is there a trick that I am missing. Thanks in advance for any help.

Debby

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Looks like you are running the wrong routine.
    David Singleton
  • dmc26dmc26 Member Posts: 6
    I was just able to see the Journal Entry. There was a GL account that was blocked and I didn't know that it would stop the whole process. When I unblocked that code the entry ran and I can now see it. It does look like it is closing by Dimensions but there is no way to select which dimension codes it closes by. Is it all or nothing?

Debby
  • aseigleaseigle Member Posts: 207
    Are you running the Close Income Statement Batch Job - Report 94? If so, under the Close by, do you see the box for Dimesions? It looks uneditable, but if you click in the elipses (the three dots) you will be able to drill in and select which dimesions to close your year by. It will also prompt you for the Gen Journal Template and Batch.
  • dmc26dmc26 Member Posts: 6
    I am in General Ledger, Periodic Activities, Fiscal Year, Close Year. I am attaching a copy of my screen shot.

Thanks.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I still think you are running the wrong routine, or someone has modified it.
    David Singleton
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Yes it looks similiar to modification we did for a church group in england, i am guessing your client runs several charitable funds from the one company. Is it possible that the fund tab is your actual dimension?
  • JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    Sort of a dead thread, but I figured I'd just point out that his screenshot looks like a Serenic Navigator version of closing. "Distributed Close" closes things by Dimension.

Just in case anyone else comes along and is also confused.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"