Options

rectify opening balance

santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
hi all,

we are trying to create the opening balance for new setup company. please find below the situation

in 2006 For g/l a/c no 10230 was 807000.00
in 2007 for g/l a/c no 10230 was 809000.00

when we create the opening balance do we need to upload the difference of 2000.00? in finance point of view uploading only the balance is not the right way.

i tried to upload the balance of 2006 and i uploaded 2007 balance as it is, but in Navision the total balance got added up and showing the balance for g/l a/c no 1616000.00 but this is wrong way. so, any one can guide us to upload the balances by yearly basis.

your immediate reply is appreciated.

thanks & regards

Comments

• Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    So if it is a balance sheet account your 2006 journal would have been 807000, then 2007 would be 2000 - you do not put in 809000 as this is not what happened in the year. If it is a P&L account run the year end and push it to retained earnings.

This is nothing to do with NAV, it is just accounts really. I am not in any way accounts driven - so anyone please feel free to jump in.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    Upload your ending balances for year 2006, in year 2007 upload just the net changes
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Seems you are uploading the old data of the company from legacy system. You need to import the opening balance for the oldest period and then the net change for each following year.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    santhanaksanthanak Member Posts: 91
    thanks all for your suggesstions.

ya we are uploading the netchanges now.. and its got tallied year by year.