Options

Lot #'s/Expire date on Released Prod Order pick sheets

NewbieNavUserNewbieNavUser Member Posts: 2
Good afternoon all,

*This is quite a long winded post, so here is the short version.
I want to be able to see LOT #'s, expiration dates, and BIN locations for a given Released Production Order printed on a report so that my warehouse guys can pick the oldest LOT # first, while still being able to see ALL inventory for the given item in the given Production Order.

And the long version...

My company currently uses NAV 5.0.

We would like to have LOT #'s as well as their expiration dates printed on the pick sheets generated from the Released Prod. Order form->Print tab at the bottom.

Right now, we have a custom report that currently prints the BINs for each item that is on the released production order, so that the warehouse guys know where to get the item.

Currently with Navision, we are currently NOT setup for LOT tracking (in the item card, the current Item Tracking Code card we have in place, under the Lot No. there are no options checked) I realize that we will have to enable these options in order to be able to LOT track correctly.

Is there a way, after we are setup for LOT Tracking, that for each item that is printed, to show their LOT #'s as well as their expiration dates per each line that is printed for a particular item?

For example...

I have item A.
Item A has the following Quantity/LOT #/Expiration...

For the quantity of 1kg., it has lot #1, with expiration 1/1/09
For the quantity of 2kg., it has lot #2, with expiration 2/2/09.

Line 1 - Item A with quantity 1kg., is in BIN #1, with lot #1, and with expiration 1/1/09.
Line 2 - Item A with quantity 2kg., is in BIN #2, with lot #2, and with expiration 2/2/09.

Is there a way for this information to print out on the pick sheet, per line per BIN (as seen in the above 2 lines)?

I know that with lot #'s and expiration dates, it is available in the Item Ledger Entry table, but there is no BIN column. I also know that all this information I am looking for is in the Warehouse Entry Table, but with that table, there is no relation to the Released Production Order.

Thank you for any advice and sorry for the long winded post! Its my first time posting on here. :D