Options

Upgradin from NAV 5.0 to NAV 5.0 SP1

spiky_goldenspiky_golden Member Posts: 44
Hi every one,
I need to test upgrade from nav 5.0 to sp1 before we really do it with the production database. I have installed the new sp1 client on a machine. And restored a sql backup of Cronus database (nav 5.0 version). When I open the 5.0 Cronus DB in SP1 client it ask to update the database. So I said YES and confirmed again. Then process goes and seems to be ok.

The only thing is that my objects seems to still be 5.0. I have compare the report 1401 (check) 5.0 with the on "upgraded" of SP1 and thay are identical... The doc said that the report 1401 have change... So I'm kind of lost...

Some can explaine me a correct procedure to do it? The integrator we have here doesn't seems to know how to do it...

Thanks
Patrick Venner
programmeur-analyste
Cabico Custom Cabinetry

Answers

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    what you does is a tecnical update (change only the executables and some dll's).
    Did you also import the changeded objects from the fobfile?
    But be care here if you have some customized objects
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    In fact, want to compare the changes made in SP1 vs our modifications (and we have a lot) to see if they still need to be applied. I understand that most of the corrections are in the .exe and .dlls but they have made lot of changes in objects as well. Do you have any idea how I can compare SP1 modification to mine?
    Patrick Venner
    programmeur-analyste
    Cabico Custom Cabinetry
  • Options
    By the way Garak : what you mean by "Did you also import the changeded objects from the fobfile?"
    does the new sp1 objects are in a fob file?
    Patrick Venner
    programmeur-analyste
    Cabico Custom Cabinetry
  • Options
    edited 2009-06-26
    Good morning, follow the link....
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30099

are u an enduser or a partner? if a enduser, your partner must help u!
  • Options
    As u can see, u need the Upgrade toolkit for an easier update and it's also a good idea to have the Developers Toolkit.

So, are u an enduser or an partner?
  • Options
    Well, I'm what you are calling the Enduser (even if I'm not the end user here). Our Partner have never done an upgrade from 5.0 to SP1. (The only thing they have done is a complete implementation. And by the way I don't want that).
    Patrick Venner
    programmeur-analyste
    Cabico Custom Cabinetry
  • Options
    I've found the sp1 objets. Thanks to all.
    By the way thay are located in the file : [insllation dvd]\CsideClient\program files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\CSIDE Client\database.fdb
    that you can open in database mode (not sql)...
    After that you can export all objects as text to compare with your modified objects.
    Patrick Venner
    programmeur-analyste
    Cabico Custom Cabinetry