Options

Error in .stx file - 47-1

sc00bysc00by Member Posts: 43
Hi Guys,

I've read the other posts about this error and they don't appear to answer my query :(

We have A Navision V4 SP3 installation in the UK using W1 release.

We are currently using client build 23305 (one of the very early ones) and want to benefit from the improvements and bug fixes of later clients so I've downloaded the HF updates and the latest one I have is 6.20 so thought I'd try that.

On a test database, the first thing I get is that the database needs to be converted - no problem (I thought) - but when I click ok to go it comes up with the following error;

"There are errors in the text conversion (text no. 93-708 does not exist in the .stx file)."
"Internal error: 47-1"

We only use English so have no need for any other languages so I'm a bit puzzled as to what I need to do to get beyond this :?:

Also, can I confirm that to apply the hotfix I simply copy over the files in the client folder on my pc and don't need to apply each and every hotfix in order?

Thanks,

Rob.

Answers

• Options
    sc00bysc00by Member Posts: 43
    This was due to the $ndo$dbconfig table.

As this table isn't part of the normal installation package, Navision Client appeared to have a problem 'upgrading' it (being first in the list due to alpha-numeric precedence).

I deleted the table and it worked fine \:D/

If you want it back then just recreate it;
    SET ANSI_NULLS ON
    GO
    SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON
    GO
    SET ANSI_PADDING ON
    GO
    CREATE TABLE [dbo].[$ndo$dbconfig](
    	[config] [varchar](512) NOT NULL
    ) ON [Data Filegroup 1]

GO
    SET ANSI_PADDING OFF

Hope this helps anybody else that gets stuck on this.

Rob.