Design Question

mgiffordmgifford Member Posts: 44
I have a design question that I am stuck on. It seems simple enough, but when it comes down to putting fingers to keyboard - I decided I needed some advice.

In the Sales Order screen, the user would like to have a "function" that would popup a window and allow them to manually select a subset of the existing records on the screen, then I have a bunch of logic I will use to process those records - resulting in new records being created in a new custom table. I have the part figured out about the logic I need and how to create new records in my table. What I dont know is how to go about giving the user the ability to manually select the records.

My thoughts were:

Create a new form that includes a checkbox column that is still based on the SalesLine table (not sure how to add just an unbound checkbox)

Somehow use the existing form/subform to include a checkbox that is unbound.
Dont know how to do that either.

Any ideas?

Comments

• mgiffordmgifford Member Posts: 44
    OK, I think I jumped the gun, if I understand correctly, I can use the setselectionfilter to mark the currently selected records then process against those marked records right in the original screen.

Sound right?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    yes, that's right!
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • mgiffordmgifford Member Posts: 44
    Only problem is that if I select from the bottom up, it prompts asking me if I want to rename the record...my code looks like this - right now i am just trying to prove the concept. This code is on the sales order subform called from a function on the main sales order form.
    CurrForm.SETSELECTIONFILTER(Rec);
    Rec.MARKEDONLY(TRUE);
    FIND('-');
    REPEAT
      MESSAGE('%1', "No.");
    UNTIL NEXT = 0;

Rec.MARKEDONLY(FALSE);

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!