Options

How to Access Control Properties on Form

Bliss_AbsoluteBliss_Absolute Member Posts: 9
Dear Friends,

I am working in Navision 4.0 SP1. Can any one please tell me how to access control properties and change them programmatically using C/AL Editor.

Actually my aim is to make a moving (Rotate 360) straight line on a form but I hardly find any way to change the properties of the control using C/AL.

Looking forward to your help and valuable suggestions

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Sorry, thats not possible. I belive u use a Shape control, correct?
    You have only acces to the XPos, YPos and so on, but not to a rotation. All the Properties you see under the C/AL Symbal Menu u can use. The others u cant use from C/AL.

So, if you need a rotation line, like - | / \ u must create 4 shapes and set the visibility and xPos / yPos via C/AL source.

Don't forgett. NAV is an ERP not an development studio like Visiual Studio ;-)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yep, NAV is built on "Here's your data and here's your one way to display it." As an Info Vis / Interface guy, it's a little frustrating at times, but there is usually a way to do what you want. In this case Garak is correct.

You could also have 8 pictures or something if you wanted it to look a little fancier.
  • Options
    Thanks Garak. Thanks a lot for your suggestions. But you know its not even possible create a shape like / or \ , I mean, I am not being able to do that. I tried whith a shape control of shape style rectangle then with a style Horz Line. Changing Xpos,Ypos, Width, and Height does not give me shapes like / or \... :( .

Can you please throw some light on it ???
  • Options
    click on the Shape Control -> Open The Properties -> select Property ShapeStyle -> click on the DropDown List -> Select NE-Line for / and NW-Line for \

Regards
  • Options
    Thankx a lot matttrax for your comment. Actually you are right its a bit frustrating.
  • Options
    That should show you the principle http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=402
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you need only small lines (e.g. for showing user that the system is working on something), you can display character "-\|/" in a loop... ;-)
    (just define string with them and go in loop by showing char on position 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2,... )
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Once Againg Thanks to you Garak. Thanks for your Support.

Thanks Kine :D , its a very good suggestion...unfortunatly they want more than just characters. Anywy I will use this trick to somewhere else :D
  • Options
    The trick with the chars you can use for example if you import somthing or update somthing and you doesn't whish a Dialog with an indicatior....
  • Options
    MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    edited 2009-06-26
    Once Againg Thanks to you Garak. Thanks for your Support.

Thanks Kine :D , its a very good suggestion...unfortunatly they want more than just characters. Anywy I will use this trick to somewhere else :D
    There's a way to use characters AND make it look fancy : use the Wingdings font and the characters ALT+0183 to ALT+0194.
  • Options
    :lol: good tip MBerger ...... hehe .... looks nice :-D
  • Options
    MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    garak wrote:
    :lol: good tip MBerger ...... hehe .... looks nice :-D
    I use this to make checkboxes on reports too :) use ALT+0168 for an empty box, and either ALT+0253 or ALT+254 for a checked one.