Form for picking seats in cinema hall

remarkremark Member Posts: 122
Hi,

How is it possible to build a form which visualizes seats availability in a cinema hall and makes it possible to pick them out for processing tickets selling?
Please, give your recommendations concerning possible ways to realise this task.
I try to solve it using large plain form for hall and buttons of different colours one on another for seats. But is it the only way?

Best regards

Answers

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Write this as an external program to Navision and interface to it.

Just to clarify; yes you can do this in Navision, but it really is not what Navision is designed for, and you will always end up having issues with this. In the end an external interface will be cheaper. Get somethign developed in a web browser and link back to Navision through web services.
    David Singleton
  • remarkremark Member Posts: 122
    Thank you, David, for your post.
    I thought about the way you recommended, but I needed an advice from an expert like you in order not to go to a wrong direction.
    So I will dig into web services (didn't work with it before).

Best Regards
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    For some odd reason when I read this post - it reminded me of this download
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=942

Cause when you click a particular box it has it's own value (just like a specific seat)
    you know what I mean - of course it would need changing on your part to fit your needs.

This is something like I wish ticketmaster had. where open seats are red and taken seats are blue.
    That way you can see easily what's available & where and how many seats in a block, etc.

I think Stubhub.com when you look for seats it shows open seat in a color & if you mouse over you get more info.
    anyway just ideas -good luck

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_p ... n16704952/
    It's called Stub Hub Maps - they use a java & xml
    Savatage, thanks for interesting links.

Regarding front-end app for browser it's relatively not big problem for me. But linking it to NAV is what I should study about. Taking into account that NAV2009 with an embedded web-services functionality will be localized for Russia hardly earlier than by the end of the next year, it is interesting to understand the difference in possibilities of realizing web services in NAV 5.0 compared to NAV2009. Is it only more complicated way or in NAV2009 it's possible to realize something really special and new (concerning linking to external apps through web services)?

Regards
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    remark wrote:
    Savatage, thanks for interesting links.

Regarding front-end app for browser it's relatively not big problem for me. But linking it to NAV is what I should study about. Taking into account that NAV2009 with an embedded web-services functionality will be localized for Russia hardly earlier than by the end of the next year, it is interesting to understand the difference in possibilities of realizing web services in NAV 5.0 compared to NAV2009. Is it only more complicated way or in NAV2009 it's possible to realize something really special and new (concerning linking to external apps through web services)?

Regards

Waldo has an Add-On for earlier versions (4.00-5.00) that should do what you want.
    David Singleton
    Waldo has an Add-On for earlier versions (4.00-5.00) that should do what you want.

Thank you, David
  • WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    Thanks for thinking of it, David. Indeed we have... .

I'm in contact with remark in pm.. .

:)

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • AlersisAlersis Member Posts: 1
    Hi remark / waldo,

I need this same one exactly. Finally you have realised this form?

Please, can you give your recommendations concerning possible ways to realise this task.

Regards