Options

Hoow to upload sub-ledger beginning balance?

shri_mishri_mi Member Posts: 31

Hello,
I'm new to Navision. How do I upload sub-ledger open invoices without updating the G/L (AP & AR) as the actual balance of AP & AR are uploaded with trial balance?

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Sriram
With Warm Regards,
Sriram

Comments

• Options
    gsiracusagsiracusa Member Posts: 26
    you can post ledger opened from purchase journals and sales journals and then to delete from the table (object designer) the record of g/l entry.

However I recommend you, to open at the same time the open ledger and trial balance

best regards
    Giovanni Siracusa

http://www.novalysis.it
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Don't delete the GL entries.

You should upload the detail though the journals, then when you enter the TB in the opening journal you can post the debtors/creditors to a take on account. Alternatively you can configure the posting groups to post the journals one way and then alter them before processing. There are many alternatives, it depends how you want to take them on, but ultimately the details make up the balance, what you then do with the TB is up to you.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    gsiracusa wrote:
    you can post ledger opened from purchase journals and sales journals and then to delete from the table (object designer) the record of g/l entry.

This is very bad advise, and should never be done. [-X [-X [-X
    David Singleton
  • Options
    fredp1fredp1 Member Posts: 86
    Take Adams advise... never delete records.

We recently uploaded balances and we opted to post entries to the control account. i.e. for vendor invoices, its posted to the vendors control account.
    So what you see in the g/l is a in and a out (debit/credit) for the take on. Mind you will need to set the flag on the Chart of account that allows direct posting.

Fred