Options

'Item Card' cannot close because the system is currently wo.

jsandbothejsandbothe Member Posts: 3
I get the following error message when I try to move from the purchase orders to the item cards.. or even when I am just in the item cards. There is no reasoning behind it and I have to end Navision all together to even get rid of the error. Please help. Thanks!

Error Message: ](*,)

'Item Card' cannot close because the system is currently working

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    I think this is because of the locking of Item table.
    make sure that there is no locking code running on Item card.
  • Options
    jsandbothejsandbothe Member Posts: 3
    How do I check for the locking code. I was told that it might be the users connection. It is only 1 user out of about 250 users that gets this and it only started this week. Nothing has changed.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    If I am correct, you are trying to close an object A that opened another object B and object B hasn't been closed yet.
    So you should first close object B and then object A.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    i found this happened a lot at my old job because a user would run a report preview from a form, open another form and forget about the preview window (now hidden behind other maximized forms). If you navigated to the preview and closed it, you were back in business.

//like kriki said
    kind of fell into this...
  • Options
    idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    This is one of the many flaws in Navision where the error message does not help to pinpoint the problem. If the user had open many windows you need to find the offending opened screen...
    Sometimes the list of opened screens gets greyed out which adds to the problem...
    This leads to another thread previously which attempts to limit the number of opened windows & the conclusion is user training...
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger