why process so slow when CPU usage only 2%

117320117320 Member Posts: 33
Hi guys,

I am using navision 4.0 sp3 with sql server 2005,I run 1 process,but it seems so slow,but cpu usage only 2%,navision run on a server, but when I restore a database in a different server, and run same process it seems faster than previous one,is there a navision setting or sql setting that i must do?almost 10 times different when i run same process. Please help.

Thank you.

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    edited 2009-06-26
    1. which process and what does this process do
    2. did you checked why the process is so slow (for example with SQL Profiler)
    3. are there some maint. jobs on the sql server?
    4. did you monitor your discs, memory, CPU, network etc. on both servers and the config of both servers the same?.
    5. wich version of ADO do you use? Check if there is a new one (MDAC) and test it with these one
    6. and so on ....

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • 117320117320 Member Posts: 33
    The process : Checking some conditions, Calculate and update few table.

I write sql query and then call the script from navision. and there is no job running except my job.

in sql profiller didnt show any big process.

but when i tested on different server,the process become faster.
    is it only the sql script that you call from NAV and in NAV self is no C/AL code?
    Only the ADO command to execute the sql function or sp?
    ado command to execute store procedure. I use same script and same object but the timing to get the result is different.
    what does the sp do?

Maybe you could post the source of the sp, if possible.
    The process : Checking some conditions, Calculate and update few table.

simple process.In the first database to process 1 record it take 0.8 ms. but in the 2nd database it takes only 0.07 ms. if i have data more than 1 million,wah cant imagine if i use 1st database. Please Help.is there any solution?

Garak : Maybe you could post the source of the sp, if possible. -> what is that means?
  • stan2009stan2009 Member Posts: 12
    i am also having similar problem. but my database is more than 1million entries and my DB size is 88GB and Log file size is 14k MB Log size

it told my Users 10min to post 2 lines of Journal Entries.

Working hours: 8am - 5pm
    8am - 11am = speed normal
    11.01am - 5pm = superb slow!
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) To get whole picture you need to monitor your discs acitivity, memory activity, CPU activity, network activity, locks, and other things. If CPU is Idle, the bottleneck is somewhere else...
    2) Regarding ADO - try to install latest version of MDAC, it could be the problem sometime
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    what i mean is. Did you check if it is the same config on both servers and how looks your sql script.
    Maybe you have on server one a bottleneck on your disk storedge system or a networkproblem or the database one is high defragment or the index are not optimal, and so on. Other question: Are there some high Reads <1000 when you run your sql script?

Regards
    Hi,

Thank you guys.my query quite fast now. thank you for your help.
    could you also post the solution of your problem.
    Maybe in the future there is a other guy with the same problem and is looking for an answer ....

thanks

Regards